Aprodine (pseudoephedrine hcl and tripolidine tablet, film coated) is a medicine that's used to treat colds, allergies, or sinus infections. It works by squeezing the blood vessels around your nose and sinuses, which helps relieve symptoms. It also contains an antihistamine to prevent your body from over-secreting histamine.
To use Aprodine, follow the instructions on the product packaging or in the Medication Guide. This will help you take the medication safely and properly.
The recommended dose of Aprodine for adults and children 12 years and older is 10 mL taken by mouth every 4 to 6 hours. This is the lowest dose of the medication that's safe for most people.
Aprodine can make you sleepy, which may affect your ability to focus, think, or react. It may also cause drowsiness when combined with other medicines that make you sleepy, including some pain and allergy medications, sedatives, alcohol, or medications to treat insomnia.
If you think you or someone you know has overdosed on Aprodine, contact your local Poison Control Center or the nearest hospital right away. Overdose can cause severe or life-threatening side effects, including high blood pressure, daytime sleepiness, dizziness, seizures, hallucinations (seeing or hearing things that aren't real), or even death.